August is a dream month for sports fans around the country. Professional athletes in a variety of sports are playing for the big prizes or well into the season.
You can join in the fun this month. Some action packed sporting events include:
- Major League Baseball's boys of summer are officially halfway through the season and your favorite team’s tickets are on sale now.
- The 2013 US Open in tennis is scheduled to start August 26 at Flushing Meadows. The world’s best players will be there, and you can too. Tickets are now on sale.
- Golf’s last major of the season, the PGA Championship, starts August 8th in Rochester, New York. America’s best will all be there.
- NASCAR races will be held in New York, Sunday, August 11;Brooklyn MI, Sunday, August 18; and Bristol, TN, Saturday, August 24.
- US Major League Soccer boasts a full schedule of games throughout the month in cities across the country.
- Track and Field World Championships will be held in Moscow beginning August 10th and will feature America’s best including a host of up and comers.
If you want to get more involved in your favorite sport, try joining a fantasy sports league. Fantasy sports are made for the sports enthusiast so you can find a league that suits your sporting interests. Baseball is the most popular, with fantasy leagues sprouting up in most cities and online. Soccer is growing in popularity as are sports like surfing.
Fantasy sports allow you to be the owner/manager of your own sports team. You select the players, put together the lineups, and then measure your team’s results against the real players. Everything from trades to drafts are included in fantasy league play.
Join in because August is looking full and fun for sports fans - real and fantasy.
Share this post